Monday, May 3

green thumb, this season !

~

This season, in mid Spring, I thought suddenly to green my thumb !
Search begins for the plants which I wish to bring home.
What works best for this part of the world ?

Ah ! Wikipedia !!! gives me some thousand names of plants for my zone. Many of which I hear for the first time.

I subscribe for gardening newsletters ;
visit library and bring loads of garden related books.
My partner goes crazy, as I drive myself in to a frenzy !!!

Annuals or Perennials ; Ground covers or Shrubs ; Foliage or Flowers ...
Confused or Disoriented !!!???!!!

One round to a nearby nursery ...
My partner follows me faithfully !
I fall in love with every single plant, flower I see ...

Another week of research is on and then a Spring sale !
Finally ... we bring 'Sweet broom' Lilac Time
and another flower plant, not knowing its name.

I transfer the plants to big ceramic pots.
Challenge to face !!!
worms in the soil. Now what are these ... Good ones or Bad ???

We go to a garden supply shop and learn, they are centipedes.
Americana centipede !!!
Heh hey ! we were not able to recognize them !!!
No remedy required ... I am relived !

Another hurdle !
The flower plant with no name, How am I to take care of it ?
How much water ? needs full sun or shade ? ...

I leave a Question in some web forum, someone quickly replies.

It is ... ... a Weigela shrub ... !!!
Googled and yes, they are those hardy shrubs with burgundy foliage and crimson-pink flowers.

Now, 4 pots sit in our balcony !
a Sweet broom,
a Weigela,
a Fleurette mums plant
which we have since this February, will bloom in Autumn,
and a Ficus (Fig) patio tree, a package gift along with the house !


This weekend, a guest arrives for a short stroll !
a white winged Dove !!!

It is now over a week, and suddenly the sweet broom has started to wilt.
I understand it is over-watered.

I give it some time.
Hope it makes a comeback.


:>

No comments:

Post a Comment